Thursday, September 5, 2013

Hello,
  My name is August and I am from Painesville, Ohio. My primary email is my college email, arunyon17@jcu.edu. My family has nicknames for me, like Gus, but I do prefer to go by August. I am really into weight lifting. I could never do it competitively because my motivation is primarily intrinsic. I have no desire to make money off of it or model, I just do it for sheer enjoyment. I love the dedication and determination required. It's something I have loved since I was young and plan to love as long as I live. I am also a huge dog lover, I have two chocolate labs (Ray and Izzy) that are my best friends. In terms of breaking me out of my shell for my education I need an organized area that is accepting of all view points. I hate to share an idea or possible solution to watch it get shot down without consideration.
In my eyes the technological advancement that I consider most important would be the creation of the internet. It has shaped our world into the interdependent biosphere it is today. It has allowed me to communicate with people in France or Germany faster than I could ever have imagined. It has allowed me to study without reading full books or see pictures of places I've never been. The internet has made a huge impact on society. The fact that it is used by almost everyone on a daily basis shows that it was a huge technological advancement. I consider my computer, cell phone, and vehicle as essential items; even though I could carry out the basics of life without them (biology joke), they are still very important. I am always contacting people with these devices or using them to meet up with others.
My knowledge of computers is fairly decent. I'm fairly technologically savvy and know what I'm doing for the most part. My knowledge of digital media is very poor. I cannot edit or clip films and I wouldn't even know what programs to use for them. I use social media daily and understand Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram very well. So, in short my knowledge of computers, digital media, and social media are 6/10;2/10;7/10, respectively.

My question for Dr. Shutkin is: What do you view as the most important attribute to have in order to achieve success?

No comments:

Post a Comment